Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 171


Saturday, June 20, 2009
On our way to Ikea today (for a project that will most likely be tomorrows POTD), Ken almost hit this little guy while he was crossing the road. We turned back to get him across, but Ken decided to bring him home. We're going to keep him outside, but we have to fix up the "pen" (flower bed) he'll be in. Apparently, these little guys do a lot better when they live outdoors? We've named him "Chestnut" because that's the street we were on when he escaped death!

UPDATE: Ken did not line up the 4x4's right and Chestnut was able to escape last Monday. Quinn was more upset than I thought she'd be. Well, she was born to be wild, I guess!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you saved the little guy. It's very hard to keep a turtle. I know we have had a few and they always get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so cool!! it always breaks my heart to see them crushed on the roads.we stopped to put on back near the lake because he was crossing the road also

    ReplyDelete